I find this kinda weird....

i was talking to my mom the other day and i was telling her how my dad gets pissed off really easy even when i dont do anything wrong (yes i live with my dad and im pregnant, i dont wish to explain why) and she told me that my grandma treated her the exact same way my dad is treating me(my parents were in their late 30's when i was born), except my mom and dad didnt live with my grandma :/ but anyway i started thinking about it and came up with my family has issues with becoming grand parents....now you would think my dad would be happy that he's gonna see his grandson grow up and be able to play with him and take him hiking (my dads 53 and im 18 btw) or sailing.....my boyfriends parents are ONLY 30 and this is going to be their 3rd grandchild (my boyfriends older sister has 2 kids shes 25 or 26) and they are really excited.....

i get that my dad is upset that im only 18 and having a baby but really? there's only 10 weeks left until the baby gets here you would think my dad would get over it or at least treat me nicely..i dont get it :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Hopefully once the baby is actually here he will get over it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• It is VERY difficult to get over something like that. Give your dad time.
    Anonymous

• yeah i guess it would be kinda hard for my dad to get over it since he's pro-abortion.....yes i say pro-abortion cuz he tried to force me to get one and keeps rubbing it in my face
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Maybe your dad is upset to see his little girl pregnant? I quite sure that when the baby gets here his heart will melt.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Lets just hope he gets over it, he should atleast be happy though
    NolansBabyGirl

Answer by NolansBabyGirl at 3:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• he's not happy :/ at all he actually started drinking more because he's that unhappy
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Can you go live with your boyfriend? Or his parents? I don't think living with your dad is the best idea here.
    I'm sorry he is treating you like this, it's got to be incredibly hard on you. I also think your mom is making excuses for him, which is unnecessary.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• sadly if i move in with my boyfriend and his parents their rent will shoot up even though he's working for the landlord so im stuck here till me and my boyfriend can afford our own place
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• You will gain insight when it is you and your own chid, pregnant. i I'm sure he is also concerned how he will be affected financially through this situation and I'm assuming you don't have a job and probably the same of the baby's daddy. It is very frustating when you think you finally have your family raised, a little "YOU" time. But then there is someone else depending on you. When you take adult actions, be prepared to act as an adult and take charge of the situation. Don't fault your father for an irresponsible action you took. I'm sure, if you act like an adult and carry yourself and your child, your "family" will be the best reward of all and your Dad will be right beside you...
    shefree

Answer by shefree at 8:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• its kinda funny you say that shefree because my dad screamed at me a couple nights ago when i told him i was on the birth control shot when i got pregnant, he wasn't yelling at me because i was pregnant he was yelling at me for being on birth control.....(i also showed him the condom that ripped right after i told him i was pregnant but that's besides the point) lol im not some stupid little girl that thought ooh ill just fuck someone without any protection..nothings gonna happen....i knew what could happen and i tried to prevent it

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2011