ok i am a new member to this site, and also a very new mom, again. I have a 3 month old son and 2 year old son. I need advice, my little 2 yr old terror just taught himself how to escape his crib, and i cannot get him to go to bed anymore. HELP!

missbrittanie

Asked by missbrittanie at 7:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They make nets that go over the top of your crib like a dome. Its like a little mesh tent. I saw one at Babies-R-Us. It zips up so when you put him in it you just close it up and he can't escape. And with the not wanting to go to bed problem I think the best advice would be sticking to a routine before bed and not breaking it. If you do bathtime before bed or a story or whatever. My BIL puts on movies for his kids in their room but I personally don't like that idea. Just make sure you don't bend on it because you don't want your son to learn to throw a fit to take advantage of you. Good luck with everything!
    adeuslove07

Answer by adeuslove07 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• when my dd started to climb out we went straight to a big girl bed. she thought it was the coolest thing. my friend gave us a twin bed and when we set it up she jumped on it like crazy then plopped down and took a nap! she picked out her sheets and has loved her bed ever since. we do put up a gate at her door so she doesnt wake up and wander at night in the house. you dont want to take any chances that your child will climb out and hurt themselves. good luck!
    madismummy

Answer by madismummy at 9:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• If you don't want to have a bedtime battle, try a crib tent. He won't be able to escape the crib.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• u need to try a toddler bed for him then
    ethans_mommy69

Answer by ethans_mommy69 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• i would move him to a toddler bed, use lots of incentives, be firm and strict - I've tried the supernanny approach and it does work). I use to tell my DS that I was going to put the gate up at his door and that always kept him in the bed.
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I think it is time for a toddler bed for that kid! LOL. I would invest in some safetly locks for the cupboards and kitchen drawers. You may want a lock for the toilet as well... You never know what kids do in the middle of the night while you are sound asleep. You may want to keep a baby monitor handy... Good Luck!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 1:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I have a 2 year old son as well, though he hs not gotten out of the crib yet and soon he will, but with him I bring him out side and let him run and play and play, that tires him out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2008