Am I the only mom who is tired of the entilre day revolving around freaking nap time!

Me and my kids got invited to go to the Zoo with some friends of mine. They wanted to spend the whole day. Our kids are almost the same age but her youngest doesn't nap anymore. Mine still HAS to have a nap. If he doesn't he can't function and he refuses to sit in a stroller so it's not like he will just fall asleep there. Anyway I went ahead and declined so she could have someone there the whole day with her and not just 4 hours of it. I feel like me and my older kids are getting punished so Caleb can take a nap. It's just frustrating how many times I have to say 'No you know Caleb has to have his nap today...' when will her out grow this he is almost 4 and a half! And no I have no one to watch him for me to do these things. My parents work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Trust me, the day will come that he won't nap anymore. And at nearly 4 it could be around the corner. Or he could be like my youngest, who at 6, still needs a nap about once a week. As frustrating as it is, when the day comes that he no longer naps it will be "where the heck has the time gone."
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• my ds is 3.5yrs....i know how you feel!!! sometimes ds needs a nap, but not always....but i never know! ds can get very cranky if he doesnt get a nap!!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I guess our lives have never revolved around nap time... nap time revolved around life. If we happen to be at the zoo then nap time would be pushed back until we got home... sure he might be a little crankier, but not terrible. I think at 4 1/2 he's old enough to push back nap time or skip it and not have a melt down... just make bed time earlier.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• We had to give up the naps! My DD is almost 4 and we were having the same problems you are. She was a little grumpy at first, but soon got over it and now she goes to bed a little earlier and sleeps a little later so it worked out well for us! :-) Try it for a few days!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 5, 2011