How do you do "time out"?

ladybugchar

Asked by ladybugchar at 3:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I count 1-2-3 at 3 you get a time out one min for every year in age. The timer doesn't start until the screaming/crying stops. When it is over I or who ever was offended gets and apology and then they can go on their way. If they refuse to apologize they can remain in time out until they decide they are sorry or at least able to say the words.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I try to put my step daughter in time out. She has an I dont care attitude.She gets up walks off and slames the door to her room.My step daughter listens to no one just my mother in law.The bad pat is my mother in law does not correct her she just gives her what she wants.
    mckenzieheather

Answer by mckenzieheather at 3:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• we have a samply carpet square - I drew an uphappy face on it. It can be moved from room to room, so I can keep a eye on them.
    it never worked with my oldest, she'd do something wrong, go sit in time out without beng told to do so.
    My younge two, hated time out and it worked.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• If mine get up I will pick them up and put them right back. At first it sometimes took longer to get them to remain in the spot than it did for them to actually sit there for the time out. A 2-3 min time out could become a 10-15 min project. Since the timer is paused every time I have to go get them and put them back. They know I will ALWAYS win. lol. Every time and no longer get up. Te are 3.5 and almost 7.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I don't I don't beleive in it. I got stuck in the corner when Iwas a child and I said I would never do that to my children and I haven't
    Anonymous