how much is the proper weight for an 18 month old girl? my daughter is 18 months and weighs about 24 pounds,..mayb 23 and im naturally skinny myself,..i have a hard time keeeping on any weight but have great eating habits,..and i was just wondring is she lke me in the weight department?

proper weight for an 18 month old

amysmomma505

Asked by amysmomma505 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can go online to find growth charts...
    I know my boys are 17months weights about 22 lbs give or take a lil... they are expose to be small for there age..but also was born a monthe early
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Bubba is 18 months and is something like 27lbs or so, he's up in the 90%'s somewhere. Your doctor should be charting her growth and explaining it to you at your appointments, but you can find the same growth charts on line and chart her yourself if your ever curios.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• The perfect weight is whatever she weighs. 24lbs sounds perfectly normal to me for an 18mo girl. My youngest is 2 1/2 (3 in April) and weighs about 27/28lbs. (she weighed about 23lbs when she was 18 months) She's skinny.
    My oldest daughter finally hit 20lbs at 18 months and still weighed 20lbs when she turned 2. She is super skinny. She's 8 now and only weighs 40lbs. She isn't even on those little growth charts anymore and is considered underweight. She eats. She just has a really high metabolism which, I assume, she gets from her Daddy because I've been overweight since I was a kid (all of my kids are normal or underweight).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My 2 year old is just now 30lbs...she is healthy she is just thin...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I dunno what the proper weight is for any age... I just feel that if they are growing developmentally, and don't seem tired or weak, then it's fine if they're skinny. My kids are REALLY small. My DH and I both are naturally thin ( not so much for me, after two kids, LOL) and we are also short. I'm 5' ft nuthin' and my DH is 5'5. Our 3 year old is 25 lbs and our 15 month old is 15 lbs.... but they're both very clever, and are keeping up with (and even a little ahead of) their peers as far as milestones. Don't worry about your little one... I bet she's just fine!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:15 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• normal is a setting on my dryer. my 5 month old son is 17lbs 3.5oz, and my daughter who turns 4 next month is 34 pounds.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:08 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My 3 year old weighs in at a whooping 28 pounds, I wouldnt be to worried, as long as shes eating okay and the doctor says shes fine.
    Mimbles

Answer by Mimbles at 4:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I'm not sure. My son is 12 months and weighs 27lbs.
    Anonymous