Think that we have black mold in our home making us sick?

I have been getting super low blood pressure for months, along with a host of neurological things

I also believe that I have brain damage, because my cognitive thinking has gotten a lot worse, also my hearing has declined alot to the point that i hear a constant buzzing.. We just recently.. the past two weeks have been finding what looks like black mold in the windows and under the dry wall, my husband tried to clean it, but it came back.

he said something to the landlord today, and landlord is going to look into it,

but that is going to take time, I am really certain that it IS black mold and that is whats causing all my health problems, my husband just started to get low blood pressure too, but its not affecting him nearly as bad yet.. shouldnt the landlord be held responsible on paying for us to stay somewhere else until its taken care of?

and if so how should we bring it up?

I cannot comprimise my health anymore then it already has been.

WE cant afford to just pay out of pocket to stay somewhere when we just paid our rent

and we dont really know anyone here

anyone have any advice on what we should do?

We also have a two year old and I dont want to expose him to it

sorry if this isn't worded right I am having a really hard time wording things right lately and that used to be a strong point :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Health

• We have rental property and yes the landlord would be responsible to put you all up in a hotel until the situation is taken care of. He will have to have professionals come in to remove it and then it should be inspected . Believe me that mold is very dangerous and can cause long term health problems!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• You need to get out of the house. That is very dangerous. We use to live in a house that had black mole, I was sick all the time. Your child don't need to be anywhere near this. You may have to contact the health department.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2011