Best piece of parenting advice you ever recieved?

we all have the unsolicited advice that comes from other "expert" moms, and good natured "with good intentions" folk...but sometimes thereare gems that come out of that....whats the best piece of parenting advice you ever recieved?

babymaycker

Asked by babymaycker at 4:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• My pediatrician told me this a week after I had my son... I love our doctor!!!

She said, what's important is that you, dh, and your little guy are happy. A clean house, folded laundry, and dinner on time come second. It made me feel so much better about letting the little things go, when all I wanted to do was sit and watch our son... :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Pick and choose your battles. If something wont matter 10 yrs from now forget about it.

Answer by gemgem at 4:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Chose your battles
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• When The Baby Sleeps..You Sleep..It Definitely Helped Me!
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 6:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• When things get difficult, give it up to God.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Spend less time worrying about what other people think about your parenting choices, and more time worrying about what works for your individual child (who is different from every individual child on the planet, including your other children)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2011