What would you do? car question

Ok so my car broke down. I am pretty sure it is sold. Its a sports car every guy wants lol and an easy fix. The man who wants it is coming over to get it around 5-6pm. That being said I wont have a car (duh lol). Now I have two choices as far as cars goes that I can go ahead and get tonight. That way I would have a car by Monday when DMV opens and not be homebound (house arrest sucks haha). Now what would you do?
Option #1
My dd is 22 and is selling her Dodge Neon. Now I have no problem buying it from her except her husband wants to sell this perfectly good 4 door sedan so he can use the money to make his car a street racer that I feel is unsafe for my grandkids. I thought he had some sense when he bought this Neon. He said he got it because it was safer and better for the grandkids. Mind you my dd also has her own car and so they DO have a "safe" honda accord they drive in. But when she is at work he is in his car. They would sell it to me for around $400 less then option 2.

Or Option 2:
I can go buy myself a Dodge Caravan. I have had one before. The only problem I have with this is yes it costs a little more. And second I only have 1 child I drive around all the time. In the summer I have 2. Yes next year odds are my sons back to living with us again but still only 2 kids in a mini van seems like a waste to me? I do know the car is reliable. My kids are 6 & 11 if it makes any difference.

So which would you choose if you had to pick right now?

Asked by gemgem at 4:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• I only have two kids and I LOVE my mini van. I can have one in the middle nad one in the back and they don't harass each other... as much! Of course mine are little still. I love the space. When we go tot he lake I can pack the whole house and still have leg room. When I have my friends kids there is plenty of room...For us it is a good choice. If my kids were older and I wasn't running all over the place with different kids all the time I may go for the less expensive car. Maintenance may be cheaper on that as well, tires, brakes, miles per gallon...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• LOL gas wise Id probably die if I got any good mileage I was driving a Mustang Gt hahaha

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I'd prefer a minivan over a neon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jun. 5, 2011