30wks pregnant/pain

im 30 weeks pregnant today and just this last couple of weeks ive had pain in my upper ribs on the right side mostly and the only way to relieve it is to put pressure on it do u think this is something i should go in for could there be anything wrong? along with that i have pain in the lower area of my tummy and it hurt as well but not for long and not as much as my rib pain

angelnina8715

Asked by angelnina8715 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Odds are the baby is just getting bigger and making it hurt. You are at the stage where the baby is getting alot longer and bigger and you will find they start moving and kicking in places you didnt know they could. If you are worried call the nurse on call. They can tell you if they feel you should come in.

Answer by gemgem at 4:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• you may have the same issue my mom had with all 3 of us children... when she was pregnant with us (but mostly my younger brother) he used to kick her in the ribs and occasionally got his lil foot stuck in there. And now my dd keeps kicking me hard in the ribs and loves to put lots of pressure on them as well. I am 29 weeks pregnant. The baby is just getting bigger and reaching new places to torture you. haha. You are probably just experiancing this lovely step in your pregnancy but if it concerns you that much call your doc or nurse and ask what they think. but it is most likely just your baby kicking and punching around in there and since its such a small place it is painful. I feel your pain. Feel better!!!!
    mrs.miner

Answer by mrs.miner at 4:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• thanks, yeah i think i remember having this problem with my 2nd child but this one kicks me everywhere shes in like 5 places at once but thanks for the re assurance it makes me feel better
    angelnina8715

Comment by angelnina8715 (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2011