Paint colors?

So I'm the worst with choosing paint colors! My living room sofas are a light sand color, and I have navy and white pillows and a throw blanket. I love the combo of navy, white and taupe but I have no idea what to paint the walls! Any suggestions? The living room is very open with alot of windows and sunlight.

Sarahbeth7

Asked by Sarahbeth7 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• i'd go with a light blue, i love blue and white together
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• me too! I'm afraid of it looking like baby blue though! Maybe I'll just poke around Home Depot and pick up 1000 swatches and experiment :)
    Sarahbeth7

Comment by Sarahbeth7 (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• do a sand/taupe color that is either a few shades darker or lighter than the sofa. Get some of those small samples and paint a small area near the couch to see how it looks. I love taupe on walls
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 4:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I'm like that too, I can never make a decision on paint and so my walls are still off white, lol.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• get samples and paint the walls to decide
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I agree with white pepper-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• slw123....glad I'm not the only one! :) And yes, love the sand taupe idea :) Thank you!
    Sarahbeth7

Comment by Sarahbeth7 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Sand or taupe is a great idea. Also, maybe think about doing a navy blue accent wall.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 5, 2011