Has anyone tried the P90X program?

DH and I are looking into starting, and was just wondering if any mamas on here did the programs... And how successful it was for them.. After 2 kids, no exercise, and unhealthy diet, I'm worried for my self lol.. No bashing with comments.. We're adults aren't we?!.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• No bashing at all! I love the beachbody workouts. I'm currently doing Insanity and have had amazing results. I personally haven't done P90x but I have seen A LOT of people with great results! I like that you can a) do them at home and b) do as much as YOU can, and build up from there. I am a beachbody coach, and would love to give you more information or help you out regarding any of the workouts if you have any questions! Feel free to PM me! :)
    runner-mom

Answer by runner-mom at 5:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Like runner-mom I'm also a beachbody coach. I haven't gotten to P90X yet, I'm also doing Insanity and just started ChaLEAN Extreme as well. My blog has some insight on Insanity as well as a link to my youtube videos (link to blog is on my profile). My avatar shows my before Insanity and half way thru it.....I've lost 27 inches so far.

Those that I know who have done P90X say Insanity is much harder.....lol, can't personally attest to that but if chubby me can do Insanity then anyone can do either! There is a P90X group here on cafemom that you can join to find more info.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Ok, well count me in as the 3rd BB coach! LOL
    I AM doing P90X now. I have already done P90, Yoga Booty Ballet and Insanity before doing X. Insanity is much harder than X as it is cardio cardio cardio. They are 2 completely different types of programs though. X is a muscle building program whereas Insanity is not- it is a full out cardio program. X is comprised of 10 DVDs- Chest and Back, Legs and Back, Shoulders & arms, Ab Ripper X, Yoga, Stretch, Kenpo, Chest-Shoulders-Triceps, Cardio X, Core Synergistics.... It is a 90 day program that implements weights or bands and a pull up bar ( I use weights and a band wrapped around the bar in lieu of pull ups).
    Insanity uses you and only you.
    With Insanity, I lost 12 lbs and 2" ( 130 down to 118)...with X, I have lost 1 lb, but it is not really meant for weight loss- it is more muscle building than anything. If you have questions let me know since I've done both of them.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 11:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I have done P90X and I love it. I didn't really lose any weight but I did slim down a lot! I had already done the hard work of losing 70 pounds and I wanted to look like I lost weight instead of having the same shape, just 70 pounds lighter (I hope that makes sense???). The fat turned to muscle and I was happy about the way I looked for the first time since high school. I definitely say give it a go! You have nothing to lose but fat (I mean that in a good way LOL). :)
    wkfrmhmmomof7

Answer by wkfrmhmmomof7 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I love p90x. I'm 5'5 and went from 135 to 120lbs.
    The main thing is changing your diet though. Calculate out how many calories you need for your height/weight/activity level. I think alot of people expect an exercise program to counteract bad eating habits.
    TaraRichelle

Answer by TaraRichelle at 5:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2011