Is it normal for your child to get a rash after a fever?

The doctor said my son has strep throat and he had a high fever for almost 4 days...last night he started sweating and now his temp is down...when he woke up from his nap this afternoon he was sweating and covered in a rash, just wondering if this is normal?

Nikol4270

Asked by Nikol4270 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes it normal, cause my 4 yr old went through the same thing last week. push fluids. give meds and lots of rest. mine had it for almost a week an a half..
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I am just hoping it is not an allergic reaction to the amoxicilin.
    Nikol4270

Comment by Nikol4270 (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yes, rash is very typical with infections in the throat. My dd had an infection, not strep, but an infection and had a rash and fever for about 4 days... I used aveno anti itch cream for the rash the doctors didnt say to, but it looked so uncomfortable.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My sister just took her son to the doctor bc of a rash. Guess what? it was strep.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 5:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• yes it's normal.. my dd had one two after strep throat. I gave a little benedryl to her and she was fine.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Best to get it checked out. Some infections can cause a rash afterwards and other time it's a reaction to the medicine. I once had a rash after I stopped an antibiotic. It turned out to be an allergic reaction.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 5, 2011