Losing weight........

I am starting to get more and more concerned. I am 32 weeks today and I haven't gained any weight during this whole pregnancy, in fact, I am not starting to loose the weight. I have lost 4 lbs in 1.5 weeks and I eat like a stuffed pig. Any ideas?

JohnsonFamily5

Asked by JohnsonFamily5 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wouldnt worry. One of my friends lost 37 lbs when she got pregnant and she really wasnt that overweight. She may have maybe been 20 lbs over when she got pregnant. She had her dd and the baby was huge, like almost 9 lbs. She came home all thin. She said it was her best diet ever because she also got a prize (baby) from it.

Answer by gemgem at 5:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• See that's what I was thinking, but I also failed my 1st glucose test, I have to go do my 2nd on this up coming week. I was 236 lbs at the beginning cause I never lost the weight from my twin pregnancy 5 years ago. Now, I have lost 4lbs and I am hoping all is well with my son. The doctor said hes not going to make me go till 40 weeks cause my son is huge, he says around 36 weeks.
    JohnsonFamily5

Comment by JohnsonFamily5 (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• if you are overweight that's not uncommon. But discuss your weight with the doctor to allow them to determine if it is a problem with your condition and pregnancy.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• If you are overweight that is actually very common.

I am overweight. I lost over 25 lbs in the first part of my pregnancy with my first baby and then only gained 6 lbs back in the last month. My baby weighed a healthy 8lbs 1oz at birth which happened in the 39th week of my pregnan cy.

With my 2nd baby I lost 8 lbs during the first trimester and gained 9 back in the last 4 weeks I was pregnant. He was 7 lbs 9oz at birth at 37 weeks.

This baby I have lost about 19 lbs so far and I am 15 weeks along.

None of my weight loss was intentional. It just happened no matter what I ate or how much.

Anonymous