SINGLE MOM TRYING TO AVOID LOSING MY MIND?

So im a single mom because my BD is a selfish childish prick..but anywho I Love My Daughter..I dont regret having her one bit.My Only problem im dealing with is i feel so restricted and chained down.Im not a party head or anything like that, but just like everybody time with your friends, or even just time by yourself is needed..How many days a week or a month..do you think is appropriate to just go out and have fun. I understand when you become a parent you dont get to sleep as late as you want, or go out when ever you want..basically everything is on a schedule but im just curious..I just get so sad,upset,drained kind of depressed doing the same exact thing everyday all day..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• When I was a single mom, my mom took my kids one day a week or one night a week. I got to pick lol. If a day it was like say 10am brought home around 6 for dinner. If night it was spending the night picked up around 5 and returned around 10-11am. It never seemed like enough time but omg it was what I needed. I actually get MORE time now that I am married. My kids arent home all weekend every weekend.

Answer by gemgem at 6:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• when i ask my mom to take my daughter for the night i get this huge attitude and what not..im a mom in her 20s..and im actually more mature then most mothers i know that is my age..but is it really so much to ask for a night out with people my own age..my mother makes it seem as if im suppose to be on punishment for having a child when i was 18..i dont see my daughter as my punishment..shes the reason why i finished high school and pursue everything in my life and love waking up every morning..i just dont want to look back on my life when im old and im like yea well my life was spent home everyday just raising my daughter by myself with no help..and i dont even ask my family for help because im not into pushing my daughter off on my parents so i can have fun you know? its just such a big headache sometimes..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I'm sorry but you chose this road. Your child is not your mother's responsability. She raised her child.... you. It is up to you to find a sitter and pay one if need be. Maybe you should have gotten to know baby daddy before getting knocked up. it usually helps if you don't get yourself pregnant by a deadbeat and then bitch about it later. It is great you love being a mom but you sorta shut the door on the normal 20's when you chose to have her so young.
    Anonymous

• Wow. I do not agree with the above post at all. That's just harsh.
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 3:23 PM on Jun. 5, 2011