Do you have a medling mother in law?

I have spent the last 18 years having this woman tell me what a horrible wife and mother I am. Is your MIL like mine?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 6:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• No. My MIL and I get along very well! I am sorry about your MIL treating you so badly. The way you describe your MIL is how my own mother treats me! I just let her ramble on and ignore every word she says. She thinks I'm a bad wife because she doesn't like DH, and a bad mother because my son is only on one medication to help him deal with his anxiety(he is living with autism), and she refuses to educate herself about my son's autism. It's okay, she's missing out on alot of great things~ a daughter that would do almost anything for her , at one time, a son in law that used to respect her and a grandson that ROCKS!!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• no but my mother is like that. i live 5 minutes away and have for kids with my husband and she just stops in 10 times a day to bring them candy and juck. she has to see how we treat the kids and is just plain nosy
    angeleyz375

Answer by angeleyz375 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• yes my MIL is terrible at times it makes me so mad also I just want to tell her to mind her own business but don't feel right and husband won't say anything because he feels it is OK; it is just a vicious cycle and never ending battle so I just smile and bear it when she is around and let out a sigh of relief when she lives. Thank God she doesn't live any closer then what she does!! Sorry you are having issues with your MIL also; I guess you could either stand up to her and tell her you are tired of being treated this way or just do like I do and grin and bear it.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2011