WHat psychologically causes me to not be able to address my DH by his name?

We havve know each other for 12 years and been married for 8. I can not call him by his name to his face or to call him. I can address him as such to others. But at hhome and stuff it's juuust HEY! to get his atttention. He never really calls me by my name either. There are no ppet names it is literally just 'Hey' When I HAVE To call him by his name it makes me uncomfortable but I can't pput my finger on why... isn't this abnormal? Anny ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• It sounds like you just never used his name enough to get comfortable with it. I don't like to call my MIL by her name. it doesn't feel right. And I met my husband online, under a screen name, so it was interesting getting used to calling him Max instead of Zerb lol.

Force yourself out of your comfort zone and start calling him by his name. I bet he loves to hear his name on your lips :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2011