What would you do if someone asked you to babysit on your wedding night.

I am having a small backyard wedding. Nothing too big. And well my sis asked me to babysit that night. I am not one to drink and get drunk and on every family get together I am the only adult who gets stuck watching over all the kids. There is about 20 of them, including the teens. Well my sis likes to drink and party and she just assumed that since I really don't I would be okay with watching her kiddos. And I am not okay with this, I told her no. I don't want to be watching any one's kids. I even got my cousin to bring my children home and put them to bed and watch them till I get home that night. Even he understands that this is my wedding night and even though I don't really dance I do want to dance this one night away.

styhmMommy

Asked by styhmMommy at 6:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Dude, your sister is totally out of line, asking you to babysit on your WEDDING NIGHT. I'm glad you told her no. That is totally ridiculous!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I would give my sis, and anyone else who asked a big firm NO. And then I would stand by it during the wedding night, by ignoring the kids (unless they appear to be in any form of trouble/danger) and enjoy my night.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 6:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yikes,, selfish much is she? I think she was out of line, and hopefully your cousin could watch hers as well, happy wedding,, I will pray for no rain!!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• What an idiot to ask you on your wedding day. Kind of like the old lady down the road who asked me to get her cheese on my wedding day 3 days ago--but I did because she's old and likes cheese lol!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• ya problem is I probably will end up babysitting
    styhmMommy

Comment by styhmMommy (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• don't babysit. Tell your sister now that you will not. Why would she even ask this? What a selfish bitch. And if you already say that you will end up babysitting, then that is your problem. If you don't want to and you have a good excuse (like getting married) then don't. Good luck!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 6:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• ya good luck to me hopefully I will have a back bone that night
    styhmMommy

Comment by styhmMommy (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I would tell her to find a babysitter bc kids aren't allowed at your wedding. lol. I'm glad you told her no. I would just make sure you stick by it and don't let her walk all over you, especially on your big night! Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 6:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Maybe tell her that "all kids need to leave by 9 or 10 pm because that is when the real partying is going to start." Can't watch 'em if they aren't there. Or say that you are all going to a bar at a certain time to continue the party...
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 6:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• You had better not end up babysitting on your wedding, talk to your mother, father, grandmother, do NOT let her contol you at least for this day!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2011