how long did you let your contractions be regular before you went to the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• we tracked my contractions for a total of 9 hours at home. they finally got to be 5 minutes aprt, lasting a minute or so, and i let those go on for about 30 minutes, then i called my doc, then we went to the hospital
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Regular for at least an hour and 8 minutes inbetween.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• M contractions started around 5am. I knew they were regular after an hour or so. I didn't go into the hospital unitl they were 10 minutes apart.
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• my dr told me to wait until i was having 6 an hour. so i guess about 10 mins apart. i'd just look for a regular rhythm though. you'll know when it's time to go! they'll likely get closer and stronger as time progresses and you want to be sure you get to the hospital while they're still about 5 mins apart or more.

with both of mine, my water broke before i had any contractions, so i've never had to play the waiting game.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 1:11 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I started having them at Midnight but didnt keep track till about 3-4 am then at about 8:30-9 am i started bleeding so we went only because the Hospital is about an hour away and didnt want to deliever in the truck in JANUARY. Its soo cold. I hope with this next one in JULY i dont go so early to the Hospital i hated being there...
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Talk to your provider about when they want you to go in. Usually it's when your contractions have been 5 mins apart for one hour. I waited longer with my younger kids and labored at home until they were very close.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 9:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2008