Parental involvement

im divorced. my current dh and i had a really huge fight. he was verbally abusive and then said some really horrible things about my 2 kids. things a sailor wouldnt say! im also 5 weeks pregnant. this isnt the first time either. i took the kids and went to my moms for a little while. there is also an issue with alcohol. he gets his best material after he drinks! he wants me to come back and doesnt think he has a problem. my son seems relieved that were not there right now.

because i went to my parents, dh thinks i have a problem and my parents are too involved in my life. first of all they never said to stay or go and they did help me pick up some of my stuff but if i wanted to go back they would also help me move it back in. the only other time i have ever involved my parents in our relationship is when he told me to leave last time. i dont run to them every time we have a disagreement. now dh thinks i need therapy because my parents took us in and he thinks they should have just sent me right back to him. i think they are just helping their daughter. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Helping!!!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• i think there doing what any parent would do and taken there daughter and grandbabies in i think you be best staying there as this guy sound no good for you

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I think I wouldn't listen to what a drunk jerk says or even give it a second thought. Kudos to you for moving your children to a safer environment. Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 6:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I think you should stay the heck away from that guy, do what's best for you and your kids, they don't need that kind of drama in their life and neither do you. You're lucky to have parents that are willing to help you.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 7:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I think you are blessed with good, loving parents. You know, one of the hallmarks of someone with alcohol/abuse problems is they try to twist things to make a situation seem as if it is someone else's fault - i.e. you have a problem and you need counseling. Think twice about returning to him unless HE is willing to get some help. You and your kids deserve better. GL
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 7:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My parents would do the exact same thing as yours. If that's being overinvolved, then I'm all for overinvolvement. I would do the same for my sons when they are adults. It's called being there for your child when they need you. If your husband thinks it's a problem, then it sounds to me like it's HIS problem.

Given everything you posted, I would give it A LOT of thought before ever going back to him.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2011