For mom's trying to get rid of the pacifier...(This is not a question; I just thought I'd share.)

I tried everything to get rid of the pacifiers without a week's worth of non stop crying and no sleep. I finally found something that works! I've heard not to have the older child give his/her pacifier to a newborn sibling, bc that could create jealousy and setbacks, but who says you can't "mail" them to a friend's newborn baby!? My girls were thrilled to help out our friend's newborn. For the first week, when it was bedtime, they would ask for their pacifiers, but quickly quieted down and smiled when I told them "remember, we gave them to baby Zaida so she can sleep." They (2 and 3) just say, "OOooooh, ok. :)" .... So, for those moms struggling to ditch the paci, you just have to find the right motivation and method for your child! Don't give up! :)

Kword

Asked by Kword at 6:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• i remember when my mum tried to get me to stop, my older sister had just lost a tooth. this was the first time i heard of the tooth fariy. i wanted money to. like my big sis so my mum told me to put my paci under my pillow and the tooth fairy would give me money for it. she said it was the best idea ever lol
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 10:15 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• thats an awsome idea... Great!
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I never had to get rid of the paci, as my kids both started refusing them at only a few months old....but I with the bottle....I had them throw it away. My daycare provider told me to try it...I was skeptical. Just explained that "big' boys don't need a bottle, he threw it in the garbage and it was over with. I couldn't believe it.
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 3:18 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Fortunately I never had that problem with pacifiers cause my girls just refused to use them. I just had a problem with the bottle with the first but with my second it should be easy for her to transition to a sippy cup. SHe's already drinking out of a cup without the lid on it.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:44 PM on Jun. 5, 2011