Is it hard to go through child labor

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Of course. Harder for some than others BUT there are a lot of things available to help you including education, classes, drugs if you decide to go that route and other techniques to help you cope. The end result is well worth it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yep, but I did it 4 times and I'm a wimp, if I can do it, anyone can. Pain meds and getting an epidural helps.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 6:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• they don't call it labor for nothing... but its over before you know it and then you have the rest of your life to forget about it (or at least until the next kid...)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 6:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Very difficult! But, while it may seem like forever, the minute they put that baby in your arms it is totally worth it. I always try and push epidurals because I am a wimp and it truly is painful but I wouldn't have been able to not have an epidural because I had unexpected heart problems. Breathing techniques are amazing and really do help as well as being able to hold onto something like a hand or comfort item like a pillow. Anyone can tell u a hundred things but when in the moment of actual labor pains you will figure out what helps you. You can always ask about the possibility of water births... The heat of the water seems to help some people as well :)
    tchn9negirl

Answer by tchn9negirl at 7:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yes.
    imo, more emotionally & mentally challenging, but physically as well!

It can be easier-better-joyful with preparation, even can be bliss!
    If you'd like help let us know.
    ;-)
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• its for sure a lot of work but labor is different for everyone
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 5, 2011