Ttc, 2 kids already driving me crazy!!

I have been ttc for a few months and want to have one more kid before I finish my family. I feel like lately my 2 kids (3 1/2 and 15 months) are doing everything possible to convince me to stop at 2 kids. I say this somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but it has been a really long few days (DH is out of town, BFN, teething toddler, sassy 3 1/2 year old).

any advice, words of encouragement, or funny stories are greatly appreciated. I feel like the longer I have been ttc the lower my patience for my kids becomes. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Why do you think you need three kids to finish your family? Why not just focus on the two you already have? Sounds like your hands are already full enough as it is.
    Anonymous

• when I look to the future, I know that I will regret not having three children. It seems like a compilation of me not being able to get pregnant along with my young children's antics that is making me stress and have a short fuse. I think that most people who have multiple young children have their hands pretty full- me feeling overwhelmed some days is not enough reason for me not to give one more person the gift of life.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I'm sorry you're stressed! TTC sucks, and having young kids can be a challenge. My third was actually a surprise (I did want a third but wanted a much bigger gap) and at the time that I found out I was pregnant, my 18 month old was going through an absolute monster stage. Actually when I was a couple days late and beginning to wonder about maybe being pg, I took her for a walk and she pulled away and ran off through the mud to try to get to a park that was behind a locked fence... when she realized the fence was locked she had a screaming fit and I had to tote her home under one arm while she literally screamed bloody murder and kicked me with her filthy, muddy little shoes, and all I could think was "Oh geez... what have I done?" LOL! But of course it all works out, you have bad days and good days and ultimately you can remember the good and laugh about the bad. Lots of luck with the kids present and future!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I know exactly where you are coming from. We haven't started trying but we are planning on trying at the end of the summer and some days I think how can I handle another one when these two are enough to make me crazy. When I get really overwhelmed I remind myself they won't be young forever. Good luck.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Been there and let me tell you it will continue, but you'll never really be sorry. Someone gave me the advice to try to imagine my life as I look back on it (like fast forward to being 80) and see if it seemed right. We're debating #4 but I'm thinking no...
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 12:09 AM on Jun. 5, 2011