How old was your child when they gave up the paci?

when did you start weaning them from the paci?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• we got him down to nap time only around a year. then one morning he woke up without it and we left it at home and went on vacation. He was 15 months. The plane ride wasn't fun but it was worth it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• he just turned 2, my dd was going to be born any day and we used that as a reason for him to be "a big Boy now" he had only had it at night and naps before then anyways, so it was pretty easy. I think my dd gave it up around 1 or so.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• about a year, along with the bottle. Figured if she didn't need the bottle, she doesn't need paci.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My oldest gave it up the day she turned 2. I told her it was either a "big girl bed with Little Mermaid sheets", or the binky. Needless to say, bye-bye binky! Haha. The younger one...well, her 2nd birthday is already past and let's just say the binky is still around. :-P It's been a harder fight with her, but we've been trying to wean her for about 6 months. She also isn't even slightly interested in a "big girl bed with Little Mermaid sheets", which makes the fight harder. ;-) LOL
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Never used one with any of my four so I never had that problem.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Less than a month. As soon as he figured out nothing came out of it, he wasn't having it. He'd "play" with it, but he wouldn't use it. We even special ordered the kind they use at the hospital, and he wasn't having it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• At a year it was limited to their cribs. My oldest "lost" his one night when he was just over 2, cried for that night but never asked for it again. My 4th just lost total interest in his when he was 20 months and stopped using it.

Answer by missanc at 8:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• At 1
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• My 5 year old started refusing the paci around 3 months, and my 2 year old started refusing after only about 2 weeks.
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 3:12 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• 4 months. They all weaned themselves.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 10:53 AM on Jun. 6, 2011