Forget pricing changes - have you noticed many quality changes?

I picked up bulk sausage at our Kroger because it was marked way down. We normally make our own, so maybe I've just gotten used to how ours cooks up vs. the prepared sausage from the store, but I swear there was at least twice as much grease in the pan as when there ever was when we used to buy it all the time? If I'd been making gravy from it, I would've had to spoon some out before adding the flour. It seems like there have been other small things, produce that only lasts 2 or 3 days instead of 4 or 5, or less "young" produce and more with hard stems.

What changes have you seen?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Many companies have changed their packaging to fool the customer into not noticing a smaller volume at the same price or a higher price. This deceptive practice annoys me to no end.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I am with you on the produce!! It drives me crazy! I bought a 5-lb thing of strawberries, which my family would normally eat within 5-6 days, but they were all bad in less than 48 hours. I can't seem to get quality produce at any of the chain grocery stores anymore, that's for sure!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I've always bought my kitchen garbage bags from Costco and recently noticed they changed the quality of them.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:48 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Really? I've been buying Costco's brand garbage bags for over a year now and haven't noticed any change in quality - although the price has gone up around $3 a box. Still much cheaper than Hefty or Glad.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• That's another one. We don't have Costco, but most stores have stopped carrying the garbage bags we normally use at all. We have to go to Lowe's for them now. It's not the only thing to disappear from the shelves. The smartfood packs I used to get for DS to take as snacks to school have been gone for months.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I haven't noticed anything besides packaging getting smaller but prices staying the same. No quality issues here.
    Anonymous

• I have noticed a few things but mostly have noticed the repackaging is making the items smaller/less in quantity but cost the same or more!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:55 AM on Jun. 5, 2011