• In the Spotlight:

Does your child/children have a TV in their room?

We have an extra TV and I am thinking about putting it in my oldest son's room, he is going to be 10 this summer. Then picking up a small TV for my youngest, he is going to be 8 this summer, sometime.

MyGirlParadise

Asked by MyGirlParadise at 7:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, they both do. Our girls are 11 and 16 and they both got their own TVs around age 10.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• It depends how/what the TV's going to be used for. From my point of view, I'm okay with a TV/DVD/VCR thing going on. That way there is a limit to what they can watch, etc. I wouldn't want my kids to have access to cable in their rooms. And I'm leery of allowing any video games to enter a bedroom; it's too hard to control the time spent (and the games played) if it's in "their space". Know what I mean? That's just my take anyway.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Nope. And it's not going to happen. I just don't believe in tv's in kids' rooms. We have a big one in the family room that no one watches, so they don't need one in their rooms.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• yes we had up to 3 rooms we can get cable so we got it in our room, the livingroom and then our girls share a room because I am expecting and we are using the other room for the baby (we only have 3 rooms). So our girls have one in their bedroom they are 3 and 6. My oldest had it in her room since she was about 5. My youngest didn't have one in her room until I switched her to share a room with her sister. Over the winter
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My sons do not have televisions in their bedrooms. They are 16 and 17.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 7:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• yes, but no cable in that room so it gets PBS and thats about it, and they have the Wii hooked up to it.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• No, they don't. I really think that they watch enough tv in the front room.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 7:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My 14 yr old daughter has cable tv in her room, and a blue ray and a WII. She watches and plays in moderation and by choice only watches Disney or Nick.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 7:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• No, my son, 16, does not have a tv in his bedroom, because bedrooms are for sleeping or resting and should only be associated with quiet activities.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My son just turned 11 and ageed to for him to have a 19in TV in his room, just for his play station. Otherwise, none of my kids have tv's in their rooms. We have a big one in the family room, with the Wii. one in the livng room and one in my bedroom.
    There are four of us and three cable tv's. and now, on game TV.

Never liked the idea of TV's in kids bedrooms, so they can hide ways and watch.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 4, 2011