Is Time magazine racist?

Twice in the last 2 weeks Time magazine has devoted a page to Mark Halperin's oddsmaking on who the GOP nominee will be. Twice they left Herman Cain off the list. They do have other longshots on the list, some of them not even officially running for president.

Are they racist in doing this?

http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2011/06/03/are-time-and-mark-halperin-racist-herman-cain-omitted-twice-gop-oddsmaki

DSamuels

Asked by DSamuels at 7:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• They just don't want to put a spotlight on another black man running for the office. yes, they are racist.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Are you kidding me?????
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Are you kidding me?????

No, if this had happened in 2008 there would have been an uproar! Heck, if you disagree with Obama now, it's because you're a racist.
    DSamuels

Comment by DSamuels (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I don't think so Minnie but tell us just what your answer means. Do YOU happen to know why Cain
    was left off the list twice?
    Of course Halperin could just be a stupid uneducated journalist like most of the rest.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Didn't they write a story back in 2008 with the cover saying "Is your baby a racist?" with a photo of a white baby. I think so I remember Someone asking me that in a store because he saw I had a white baby. I think that Times could back up and rethink the way they write and be a little more open minded to the fact America is a melting pot..
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• If Herman Cain were a Democratic liberal, he would have been included.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• – collapse
    Why don't you ask Time magazine why they leff Cain out ? Not much use asking here, we don't know why he was not included .

i don't believe for one minute Time is racist . The question is asked by one of our resident conservatives to get the cabal's pot a-boiling .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• It would't surprise me. I quit reading Time a long time ago because imo it is just liberal junk.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• tinamatt nailed it.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 11:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Not sure about the racists part, but Time Magazine is DEFINITELY liberal and pro-Democrat! Remember that the next time you are reading an issue in the doctor's office, because anyone who actually subscribes to the magazine is wasting their money!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:10 AM on Jun. 5, 2011