34 weeks pregnant and got the FLU!!! What to do? What to do?

I'm feeling horrible! I can hardly breath! Stuffy nose and no energy.... What meds can I take and what are things I can do to relieve some if my symptoms ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you have a confirmed case of the flu then you need to talk to your OBGYN about whether they feel it would be a good idea for you take TamiFlu or not. In some cases when the flu is bad it is considered SAFER to take the meds than to risk the havoc that flu can run on a pregnant body.

In the mean time drink LOTS of fluids, rest as much as humanly possible, and stay out of the heat if your area has gotten really hot already like mine. The heat makes it harder to breath.

I had the flu 2 times this year, thankfully I was not pregnant yet either time, but it literally HURT to breath. I pneumonia along with the flu the 2nd time.

The flu is NOT something to mess around with. If you think you are getting worse GO TO THE hospital!!!

Anonymous

• With the flu you usually have a very high fever, diarrhea & vomiting. Unless these are your symptoms, you may just have a bad cold. Call your OBGYN & let them know that you are sick. They will probably tell you to see your regular Dr. for something. I would NOT take any medication without a doctors consent while pregnant. Hope you feel better soon.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• You can take plain sudafed for the stuffy nose and if you have a cough plain robatusin . Make sure you drink plenty of fluids . if you have diahrrea you can take imodium. If your throwing up and have diahrrea for more then a day or if its really bad you should go to the hospital for an IV . i was just in there for 5 days for some kind of flu/virus.
    missa321

Answer by missa321 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2011