Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rib pain..

when i was pregnant with both my kids [ my first is now a 2 yr old & second is a 6 month old] i had very severe rib pain.. it was only in the middle front center of my rib cage as if they were wedged up in there.. i used to feel sore followed by lots of pain and as a result from the intense pain; my bodys reaction was to get these cold sweats, throw up[ as if that was my bodys way to make more room inside] and nearly pass out.. it only happened at the middle- to end of my pregnanies and stopped as soon as they were out [my son was 8.8lbs and daughter was 9lbs so i had big kids] & i am not a very big person. 5 ft 3 inches and 130 lbs. Iwent to the ER the first time i almost fainted and they said oh its ur potassium more bananas.. i ate those thigns like crazy and it still happened.. so i talked to my obgyn and they said rib pain is common.. and brushed it off.

Well now six months after having baby number two im on my 3rd period [i was breastfeeding for a while] & i noticed i started feeling that soreness in my rib cage.. idk if its because of bad posture or what..? when my kids were in there the only thing that helped was laying on my left side with a small pillow tucked under my ribs and stretching out as if to give my kids more room.. seems to be helping me right now as welll.. why does this happen to me? Does it happen to anyone else.. i wonder if i stretched a muscle have bad posture..did i do something to my ribs back while pregnant and its not fixed? anyone else experience any of the above.. this is the first time since ive had them its happened..

Answer Question

Asked by kp0469 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Health

Level 16 (2,209 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • Have you tried going to a chiropractor? It's the only thing that helps me when I have ribs out of place (happends frequently in my upper back, have one out right now). Or even a massage might help some. But I definitely recomment seeing a chiro.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.