I will be 37 weeks monday and im going to be induced that Friday because ive been so sick. Im pretty big in the belly but ive only gained about 18 pounds because i was so sick. My other 2 girls were born at 38-39 weeks and they were 6.12 and 8.6 . Is it possible for my baby to still be 8-9 pounds or more even though she will only be a little over 37 weeks?

missa321

Asked by missa321 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was id at 37 weeks because of complications and my son was 8lbs.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• **Induced (not sure why I didn't type the whole word!)
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I had dd naturally at 38 weeks and 3 days. She was 8 lbs.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 7:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• The doctor hasnt told me how big he thinks she is but my belly is really big so i think she will be around 8 lbs
    missa321

Comment by missa321 (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Possibly--
    The size of your belly really isn't an indicator.
    But if you must be induced due to health reasons then baby's size isn't so relevant, anyhow.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Yes definatly her size doesnt matter ive been so sick. I have bad carpal tunnel also is the main reason she must come out early. Im so excited i cant wait .
    missa321

Comment by missa321 (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Does your OB agree it's safe to delivery so early? Have you checked for lung maturity?
    It just seems to early to be inducing for Carpal Tunnel.
    I had that too with my last pregnancy. I agree it's no fun but just a couple more weeks will help to ensure baby is truly ready to be born. Good Luck.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:05 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• What? I'm confused... You have bad carpel tunnel? Isn't that in the wrists? How does this affect your ability to GIVE BIRTH?

My two girls (10 and 5) were born at 36 weeks and were only 6 lbs 5 oz and 6 lbs 6 oz.... My son was born at 39 weeks 2 days and he was 7 lbs 15 oz... I'd personally take the pain of carpal tunnel for 2 more weeks then to have a under weight baby.....
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 8:43 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Well it is something that should be resolved with delivering, and it can really suck.
    :-(

* But is it worth the big risks for inducing?

When we consider induction we have to weigh risks.
    Is baby safer outside than in?
    With carpel tunnel issues, we want to alleviate our discomfort, but no, baby is still safer inside. This isn't a "medical" reason to induce.

You might work to become more comfy, distracted, get more help, etc., to avoid adding unnecessary risks.
    If you'd like more info or to talk more I am happy to chat, just let me know!
    :-)

Good luck!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I agree carpal tunnel isnt enough of a reason to induce . The main reasins for the induction are because i have suprae ventriculat tacacardia that has been acting up and i also have something wrong with my stomach thats making me very sick , i need tests done that i cant have done with her inside me . I was just hospitalized for 5 days and lost 11 pounds so the doctor says its best for her to come out .
    missa321

Comment by missa321 (original poster) at 7:59 AM on Jun. 6, 2011