Are they making baby clothes smaller?

either they are making baby clothes smaller or my baby is freakishly huge, because he's 6 months and wears a 24 months, and even that after one wash is kind of small! and they never seem to sell 36 months onsies anywhere!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how much does your baby weigh?
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 8:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• 20 lbs
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I don't know if the clothes are smaller or babies are bigger for their age but my 20 month old twin daughters are already wearing 2T and 3T clothing! (And they are not chubby, but they are tall for their age)
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 9:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• my son is 5 months weighing 20 lbs and fits just fine in 6 to 9 months clothing I think 24 months and 36 months is exaggerating a little
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I know they are making the clothes different because 19 years ago when I had my 1st son the sizing on clothing was closer to the age they actually were. And I have all big babies too. My boys were 10.5lbs, 8.5lbs. and 9lbs. My baby who is 7 months is 25lbs. and is also wearing some 24 month clothes as well. It all depends on what brand of clothes too. I mostly purchase Carter's but there are some brands that are way off compared to his actual current age. I wasted a lot of money on his infant clothes thinking they made them the same as they used too.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Thirteen years ago when I had my first son, the sizes were smaller than they are now. My kids are all little - my youngest is 11 months and weigh 14.5 lbs, mostly 6 month clothes, but her 9 yo sisters clothes that she wears are the 9 month size. Same brand, both Carter's, they just changed their sizing.

Answer by missanc at 7:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2011