He sprayed pesticides up against the wall to my ORGANIC raised garden.

So we just bought a house last summer, we eat organic and we composted all last summer long. About two months ago we built a 18x8 raised garden. We bouth 20 bags or organic soil, and put a years worth of compost in it.....Today I look out the window and my husband is out there spraying pesticides/weedkiller up against the wall to my ORGANIC graden. I am almost in tears because all my fruits and vegtables are all sprouted. My Blueberry trees, grapes, rasberrys, everything is probably ruiend. All my money and hard work for NOTHING! Does anybody know how it will effect my graden? Will it seep into the soil? Will it destroy everything? How long will it be effected? OMG Im so upset. The name of the product is called roundup I think. Please, someone give answers. Im unsure if any got on the plants, but it got all over the wall of the garden and all the soil next to my graden. Im affraid it will go into the dirt, spread, then the roots to the plants im growing will absorb the chemicals...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• did he directly spray the sprouts? or did it kinds of splash on to them? they should be okay, just tell him not do that anymore

prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I think if it is next to the wall it should be okay. But I would be super pissed, I also do raised bed gardening and don't use any pesticides any wear near it.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 9:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• If pesticides were sprayed on or near it, then I wouldn't risk it. Start over......
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:14 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I hate to say this but if he sprayed around or on the garden it will get in the soil and be in your fruits and veggies. Your gonna have to start over. Completely... SORRY!
    SCB0109

Answer by SCB0109 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Ask him what he used. If it is Roundup, it is NOT a pesticide. Roundup is an herbicide. It's absorbed by the plant's leaves and drawn to the root system, where it kills the plants and will not spread through the soil. It doesn't stay in the soil, either. It will NOT affect your plants unless he sprayed your plants, upon which your plants will turn brown and probably die.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 5, 2011