How can one (safely) bathe an infant/toddler in large tub?

The tub is very deep...I keep thinking there is a way to prop up an infant blow up tub so the mom does not have to lean in so far.

PS Prefer not to only have bathing with baby in the tub as the only option.

jbs_mommy

Asked by jbs_mommy at 8:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• theres baby baths for that... if u have a big enough sink put the baby in the sink..
    Anonymous

• I mean you can use the sink or just bird baths between actual baths... I only ever bathed with mine but I did do some wipe downs between...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• How about the kitchen sink? I also think they make those inflatable pools that you could prop up with towels,, I think give baby a bath when you do,, and then dry off and wash your hair,,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Put the baby bath across the kitchen sink. That's what I did, so much easier! A toddler, get the bath ring so you can relax a little.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• You don't bath an infant in a large tub, either you buy one of those baby tub with a big sponge or bath the baby in the sink.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• For an infant I would use a baby bathtub, the kitchen sink if it's a single bowl sink (put a baby sponge mat in the bottom or a big towel to make it safer) or even a large, clean dishpan.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• We did the kitchen sink.. It was so easy on my back & so much safer.. I put her in the sink until she wouldnt fit anymore! LOL..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• We just put the baby bathtub on the kitchen counter.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 5, 2011