Do people change?

The man I married is not the man I divorced,
Do you believe that people change? Attitudes? Ways of life?
We were 24 & 25 when we got married. Dated a little over a year.
Divorced when we were 28.
It only lasted four years.
Kept trying to work things out until we were 30 & 31.
Together 8 years total.
He changed, he's the not the man I feel in love with... He's not the loving father he was when our kids were younger.
As of today, he hasn't seen his kids in over two years. Total deadbeat dad.

SO, do people change? to this degree or was it just him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I believe people change, but I also say they CHANGED when they met the person. That was when they did a "changed". Eventually after awhile they GO BACK to who they really were.

When we meet our SO's, we all do things to impress that person to get them drawn to us, to like us, to get attracted to us. After the so called honeymoon stage of dating is over and we fall into a routine of life and marriage etc.. who we really are, surfaces if we only showed the person we met what we thought they would like in the beginning. For some it was a drastic change to impress and for others just a simple change. Those who made the drastic change are the ones who look like they changed after being with their SO's for awhile. Like your husband. That's why you say he isn't the man you married and is totally different now.

They are only going back to who they really were before we met them. That's my take on people who change.
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 8:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2011