I have a 4 yr old with my husband. I got pregnant when I was 19 and we broke up a few years later. We both moved on, but he had a baby with another woman, and now we are back together. I want another baby but he's content with his two and I don't think it's fair! Should I push it on him or give it time?

My daughters 4 and his son is 1, which is probably why he's not ready for another one yet, but I AM!!

nik_ay209

Asked by nik_ay209 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• life isn't always fair, if you push for another baby or on purpose have an "oops" you could push him away
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• if u push him he might leave so i would think u would rush him
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• That is something you guys have to work out together. I would give it time. State your case and let him get used to it for a few months. Bring it back up at a later date to see how he is feeling then.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:31 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't just drop it, if you want another it has to at least be up for discussion
    stacy8606

Answer by stacy8606 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• If he leaves because you push it, he just isn't right for you. Sit down, and talk about with him, more than once if necessary. Eventually he will see your persistence and be okay with it!
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 10:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Well I think you need to sit him down and talk to him about this and tell him how you feel. Ideally both people should be in agreement about having a baby or not. Maybe you could come up with a compromise? Like set a 'time frame' for a baby. If he is not ready now, then what about 6 months from now- would he be willing to start trying for a baby then? (or whatever time frame you both can agree on). That way you will have an idea when you could have another baby, and he won't feel so pressured/pushed into it or feel resentment if there is an 'oops'.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:50 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• If you push it, it can cause problems with your relationship. Give him time. His youngest is 1. Maybe he wants to wait until that one is out of diapers before having another. It's not fair to force him into having one when he doesn't feel ready. That will just cause resentment towards you.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 5, 2011