Who said the 3 little words first?

in my last relationship, he did.
He told me on the phone, he had something, he wanted to tell me.
The next day, I bugged him - what? he was a little upset, cuz he said he didn't want to tell me, like he did - But he said the three little words.
It took me about a month to say it back - He was in shock, it was over the phone. he was just like "you never said that before"

So, who said it first?
and how long until it was said back?
did you feel obligated to say it back?

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I wanted to, but I didn't want to come off as rushing into it. About 3 months into our relationship my husband said I think I'm falling in love with you, he said he'd been wanting to say it for a while, I told him I felt the same way and I had wanted to say it also. Ever since it was just natural for both of us to say it. :D
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:36 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• He did. I said it back right then and, no, I didn't feel obligated. He proposed after knowing me only 1 week. That was 20 years ago and we're still going strong.
    :)
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 8:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• In 2 other relationships I've felt obligated to say it back even if I didn't mean it just yet, but in the relationship I'm in now DH said it first. I think I might have felt it first but was too scared that I wasn't gonna hear it back. Total relief when I heard those 3 little words :)
    nik_ay209

Answer by nik_ay209 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• He did. I will never forget that moment. :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 9:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• me,but he said it too right after

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My husband said it first.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 9:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• He said it first. I wasn't able to say it right back; it took me a little while.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• he said it first
    stacy8606

Answer by stacy8606 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• When we first met he said it in french and would not tell me what he said meant! This went on for a month, then he finally worked up the nerve to clue me in. And in the same breath asked me to marry him! We got hitched that weekend.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 10:47 PM on Jun. 4, 2011