how many ounces a day should an 8 month old eat

I know every baby is different but I just want an average

MandyAshley

Asked by MandyAshley at 11:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 24-38 oz in 24 hours on average
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:05 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The equation that LC's use is 2.25 times weight then divided by number of feedings per day give you the oz per feeding your child needs.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 1:54 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I dunno, that must be for younger babys because even for my 5 month old that would be a TON of milk. If her 8 month old weighs something like 20 lbs that would be 45 oz of milk in 1 day! And if he sleeps 12 hours at night... he would have to slam down about 11 oz every 3 hours to make that amount.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:54 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Babies are not supposed to sleep all night (5 hrs is a full night for a baby), but that equation is for babies 0-12 months when BM or formula is their main source of nutrition.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 10:30 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Babies ARE suppose to sleep all night. I'm sorry if you have one of those babies that do not sleep all night! I have an 8 month old and she sleeps at least 11 hrs a night and takes a 3 hr nap during the day. My doctor says this is great! There is no way you can feed your baby 2.5 times there weight when they are this old. It is true that mild should be their main source of nutrition but they do not need 45 oz a day of it. My daughter weighs about 20 lbs and takes 4 to 5 bottles a day of 6 to 7 oz. I also feed her cereal and at least one 4 oz jar of baby food in the morning and then two 4 oz jars of baby food for dinner. You may be able to get to 45 oz a day if you count the food and milk they get but even then it would be tough!
    avababy21

Answer by avababy21 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 20, 2008