Im going to be induced next friday and im also having my tubes tied. Has anyone ever done this at the same time. Now im not having a c-section ( unless god for bid something goes wrong) . Does anyone know how soon the procudure is done after the birth? is alot of extra pain?

Doc says a little incision under the belly button. but hasnt told me anything else.

missa321

Asked by missa321 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wish I could help. After I had my youngest via c-section (oldest dd was vag. birth) I had my tubes tied. So I had the "old-fashioned" tubal. I was sore from the section already, so I could not discern pain from the c-section from pain from the tubal. Good luck!
    emandnsmom

Answer by emandnsmom at 8:50 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I had my tubes tied after having a c-section 3yrs ago. But the original plan was to have my tubes tied after a vag birth. My doctor told me after the baby is born they give you some time to bond with the baby 30min to and hour and then they take you to the operating room to do the tubal.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 8:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Well im hoping i dont need to have a section and i hope i wont have a lot of pain. Im assuming they will put me to sleep?
    missa321

Comment by missa321 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• my aunt did, but it was after a c-section. good luck!!
    stacy8606

Answer by stacy8606 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I had mine done that way over 4 years ago. Doc said how/when would depend on what time baby was born - well, he came at 10pm, and since it's a small hospital there wasn't a surgeon on to do it then since it wasn't an emergency ;). I had an epidural, so they left it in (turned off) so they wouldn't have to do it again for surgery the next day. They took me in, gassed me so I was out, numbed me through the epidural, did it through my belly button, and took the epidural out before putting me in recovery. (I struggle with coming out from under anesthesia, so I had a rough time for about an hour afterwards - but that's just me). Anyway, the first time I needed to get out of bed I learned something no one thought to tell me - I thought my guts were all going to spill out - not a whole lot of pain, about the same amount as after a normal vaginal delivery, but just a weird feeling. con't
    Anonymous

• I had to hold a pillow over my stomach for a couple of days, but by the time I was dismissed & went home I just had to put my hand over it when I was up - that only lasted a couple of days too. But still, pain-wise, really not much more than normal after birth. Recovery wasn't any different, other than having to change the dressing over my incision - mine was glued shut so I couldn't get it wet for over a week, just had to tape a small peice of non-stick gauze over it.

Anyway, I hope this helps a bit, I'll check back if you see this and have any more questions, since I'm the only one so far who actually answered your question ;). GL hun.
    Anonymous

• Why are you being induced?
    squish

Answer by squish at 12:56 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I have debilitating carpal tunnel and ive been really sick my whole pregnancy theres something wrong with my stomach and they cant figure out what it is. I need some tests done to find out what is wrong with my stomach and i cant do that with the baby plus i have a heart condition called SVT my heart races and i cant breath to well llland i guess thats not good for the baby too. Just a bunch of problems thats why im having my tubes tied . The next pregnancy might kill me , this one almost did.
    missa321

Comment by missa321 (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Thanks stacy that did help a bit . im going to be induced at 630 am so hopefuly i have her early enough !
    missa321

Comment by missa321 (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Jun. 5, 2011