Veggies are now being recalled because of pesticide content????

DH said the other day that I should stop buying parsley and cilantro because they are being recalled due to pesticides. My question besides the news how can one know when the products are contaminated?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You cannot tell without sending them to a laboratory for testing . The heaviest use of pesticides and herbicides is with potatoes so never eat the skins as that is where the contaminants concentrate . I understand the situation is even worse with meat products , especially chicken which is commonly infected with drug resistant bacteria . Ecoli in factory produced hambuger is destroyed by washing the meat in ammonia . Beef from grass fed cattle is less prone to Ecoli infection than industrally-raised corn-fed cattle .

Buyer beware .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I had not heard this and I just bought some... DO you have a link?? When I googled it all I got was past recalls the latest having been in April...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:40 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• this is all i could find......http://www.austinpost.org/content/not-a-happy-new-year-parsley-and-cilantro
    Anonymous

• and that was jan 2011
    Anonymous

• DH said that he always gets notifications via email from the Department of Agriculture. I hope you're right so I can start buying again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• ask the manager at the store they should know... if they dont remove it then prob no recall but it wouldnt hurt to ask
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2011