Do i have a memory problem if i dont know where most of my money in over the years? other then rent food and a cellphone and apartment i dont know where it went and it scares me ill be 27 in october and i think all the years passed by so fast can i fix my life at 26? is that still young ?i dont think im young still please help me with my questions thank you

adr2011

Asked by adr2011 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Health

• u posted this the other day... lol... GINKO imma say the samething ITS NORMAL WE ALL DO IT
    Anonymous

• It just sounds like you don't keep very good track of your money, LOL. Some kind of "system" is better than no system at all. Yes, you have time to get it together but start now.
    Good Luck.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• It sounds more to me like am immaturity problem. DON'T TAKE THAT THE WRONG WAY! :0) We all go through that phase where we think money is meant to be spent and we have a very 'it's just ...' attitude. 'It's just $5, It's just $6, It's just $3, It's just $10' All of the sudden you have a multitude of seeming insignificant purchases that added up to $200 in a month. The good news is you realized it! Welcome to true adulthood and in a pretty good time to! I was about 26 so you are right on track! Look at your bank statement for the last few months high light every littler purchase and see what you find!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• For the next couple months, write down everything you spend. Yes, everything. Look at it and you will undoubtedly find alot of expenses that were not necessary. Divide your money and establish a budget. Get rid of the excess and yes you have lots of time to get it staight.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• lol anonymous i see you are paying attention i asked more questions tho lol @ kellygirl i havent your right i have no idea what i spent most of it on but the stuff i wanted i paid for not thinking about how it would hurt me in the future like paying 200 for a phone i wanted and loosing it and then paying 400 for another one then paying a family account that kept going over the minutes and internet usage even tho i had a unlim plan at one point but i casnt forgive myself i just have to move on @ but mommie i agree that i may not remember i thought mabe it has a health problem or my learning disability blocked it out somehow but im glad im not the only one with the same problem and i cant do that had a bank account at one point but didnt use it again i would just take what i get home and after that i dont know what happened and wasnt on the books when all of this i want to get on before its to late and pay into ss
    adr2011

Comment by adr2011 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• @ tootoo busy thnk you for your comment i will do that i should of did all that earlyier but didnt i guess you live and learn
    adr2011

Comment by adr2011 (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• thx to all of you who answered me so far
    adr2011

Comment by adr2011 (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• IDk I am 44 and between the grocery the hardware and Target, somehow I have managed to spend $300 just put some away every paycheck for a rainy day and you will be better with it,, my husband was like where did you spend all of the money in your wallet? I would tell you that I only give myself a set amount of cash per week and when it is gone it is gone,,the rest goes to bills and whatever is left at the end on the month goes into savings, and $100 into a college fund,,good luck it is like water sometimes right?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Its probably just a matter of not keeping receipts,balancing checkbooks, looking at monthy statements, writing LISTS everytime you need to shop...In other words, if you write it down ,YOU WILL know where your money went. Maybe it would be good if you take an accounting or finance class or two at the junior college? I did that and I got so good at finances and liked it so much that I went on to major in accounting at college and keep records of EVERYTHING now.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:49 AM on Jun. 5, 2011