'Am I in Labor' is the 'New Am I pregnant'...

anyone else notice an uprise in this question!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in About CafeMom

• yep.
    and short of me becoming Miss Clio I have no answer. How the hell someone thinks a stranger online can tell them if it is labor is beyond me!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• No but I just got on for the first time today!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• new moms dont know when to tell its real labor or not.. so not really a dumb question.. they get confusing signs and instead of callin the dr or goin to the er for no reason they ask other people that have been though it...
    Anonymous

• No. But I sure hope that the poster of the question know that we Cafemom are NOT doctors.
    Withthreeboys

Answer by Withthreeboys at 8:46 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• eye rollingNew mama's just asking certain questions about what they are going thru to see if someone else has gone thru it and it was sign of labor. Thats the whole purpose of this site...is to help one another.

Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I agree with Mommy103110... but I really get upset about the "I am 38+ weeks pregnant and just started bleeding profusely- like worse than a period. Do you think i should call a dr or is this okay?"

CALL A F-ING DOCTOR!!! you idiot! Have you not read a single pregnancy book or article or anything the entire time you have been pregnant? Have you not listened to your doctor at all during the final weeks of your pregnancy (or ever...). those questions are really annoying to me... mostly because they are idiotic and something that an expecting woman should no isn't okay.

come to think of it, if you ever started bleeding profusely while pregnant (or not) and you knew it wasn't your period, wouldn't you call a dr... just to make sure everything's okay...
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:12 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I don't mind the questions. The mom is uncertain and just needs someone to hold her hand for a few minutes.

Answer by Bmat at 9:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Maybe all of those who were unsure of their pregnancy status have now decided that they are pregnant. I only hope we don't have to listen to nine months of the "Am I in Labor" questions.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I am one of those moms! Last year I didn't know what was going on. My labor was not like my first one. Hell I jsut thought they was BH. I came on here to ask . For 2 days my contraction was 20min apart. The next 2 days they were 10min apart. The 2 days after that the were 8min apart. I didn;t think it was normal. So I asked. Went tothe doc and I was in labor, had her a couple hours later. I agree with bleeding profusely or my water has broken. Some thing are just common sense.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• FWIW, I can understand those questions more - you can't pee on a stick to find out if it's real labor or BH contractions.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2011