Braxton Hicks Pains?

Can anyone explain these a little better? Like what they are suppose to feel like... I'm in my 36th week and I thought I'd be feeling it a lot more but I'm not really sure what I'm feeling? I have things that come and go a lot but I just figure she has hiccups..

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 12:14 AM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• braxton hicks usually feel like a tightening of your uterus- which is huge now, so they can be felt anywhere from your back, the top of your stomach, the sides, and down at the bottom of your uterus where you're probably more used to feeling cramps when you have your period. they don't always hurt though. sometimes it just feels like it's hard to breathe for a while. other times, they'll make you gasp in pain. and anything in between. it really varies from woman to woman and even pregnancy to pregnancy. you'll get them more and more as you near your due date.

lots of babies get hiccups while they're inside you. it's a really strange feeling. but i always loved it. now, everytime my baby hiccups i remember when he'd hiccup inside me. =)
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 1:05 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You will know if you are having braxton hicks, it's like a contraction that's a fracture of the pain you will be feeling.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• the pain is comparable to when you have a bad stomach virus or you ate too much of something that will make your stomach cramp REALLY bad. but its not in your stomach, its more in the area where you feel cramps during your period. like the above said, you will probably notice them. they wont feel like hiccups. they may either just be bothersome and wish they would go away, or they will hurt like you-know-what and you keep going to the hospital because you think your in labor (that was me-4 times).
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:33 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I remember those... freaked me out too... Now that my son is almost 6 months old and has had the hiccups really bad, maybe that was it. They felt like twitches to me. I never got really bad contractions until my water broke.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have the same problem. Im 33 weeks and i have these random pains that hurt really bad but every time i ask what it is my doctor says its the ligaments or whatever stretching and thats causing the pain. I dont even know what contractions are suppose to feel like but i guess when the time comes, i'll find out lol
    babygurl827

Answer by babygurl827 at 2:51 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Your bell will get really tight like someone is squeezing the baby. They will not really fel discomfort until you are getting closer to delivery. It is just to squeeze baby into ready position.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 3:16 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• this is my first pregnancy and im 30 weeks, i started getting mine a few weeks ago. mine are very uncomfortable, and the pain feels like its running down my legs and back. i compare it to the worst cramps ive ever had.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 9:00 AM on Dec. 10, 2008