12 yr old dd needs period help adult content

my 12 yr old dd experianced heavy bleading durning her last cycle.
she called me from school, it was on her clothes. I brought her different clothes.
She ended up, calling her g-father to pick her up, when it happend again.
She does not like to use tampos.

how do I convence her to use tompons?
whatelse can I do to help her? Use larger pads?

OR maybe it was or how do I deal with teachers no letting her use the restroom more.
Even her bed was a mess, overnight was a problem, too.

Should I take her to the doctor?

She says he has not cramps or anything other problems.
HELP...

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Larger pads would be the most obvious solution, as well as being able to use the restroom when she needs to. What kind of pads is she using now? if they are too thin then get the larger ones.

Do not attempt to push her into tampons if she isn't interested, and I don't see how they would solve this problem anyways.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Try the pads that are designed for overnight usage.
    staceysgorbach

Answer by staceysgorbach at 9:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I refused to wear tampons until I was 16. I had to come around to them on my own time. It only happened when we were having a pool party and I couldn't swim unless I used one. Sure enough, it was fine, and I've used them ever since. Let her come around to them on her own. Definitely get some good overnight pads for now, and make sure she gets up and changes it at night. If she's a stomach sleeper, she needs to put the pad far forward at night, back sleepers need it further back.
    As far as teachers, I agree that notes for the teachers might be good, but I'm sure they are already used to dealing with this, and will be fine if she needs to go. It's such a self-conscious age anyway, so she's going to have to just buck up the confidence.
    You might want to take her to the doctor to check for endometriosis. That can lead to heavy periods (though the lack of cramping may suggest otherwise). They might put her on the pill for it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:04 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• i would take her to the doctor see if they can help
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I agree with momawibur. Buy the tampons (plastic doesnt hurt as much). Explain that her body things she is a woman now and women with heavy flows sometimes have to use tampons and pads together. As for the teachers and nurses office, I would write a note to each one and there would be hell to pay if anyone give her a hard time. She need to carry extra supplies at all times. And yes it sucks but I hope she knows she is not alone.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Growing up mine were heavy also. I have always had to use the overnight pads w/ wings. I was her age when I had a really bad one in school also, she is not alone. I would take her to the dr and see what she/he says. The Stayfree overnight pads are a little wider for the back then the front, that might help her. Good luck!
    threebrats

Answer by threebrats at 10:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• my kid is 14 and won't wear tampons. She has to wear the Always Overnights with wings during the day and night.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:57 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I would recommend the Always Infinity Overnights... Make sure they are the infinity...work wonderful and for very heavy flow..also if she is bleeding a lot it may be something to talk to her doctor...menorrhagia (excessive menstral bleeding)
    Nikol4270

Answer by Nikol4270 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• i would also encourage her to wear a pair of tights under her clothes so they will be enough support to keep the pad in place and will also be an extra barrier if she leaks.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 10:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• How often is she changing her pad? Maybe try overnight pads?
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:43 AM on Jun. 5, 2011