Im having my daughters birthday party out of town. i may have to buy the cake before i leave. do you think the cake will hold up its a 3 hr trip!

I have been calling but have not been able to get in touch with anyone down there (where the party is being held) so it looks like I may have to get it here. Im not getting cake from a grocery store its a bakery ...a place that does wedding cakes ect. I will try to add a picture in the comments if I can. Its not the cake im getting but similar.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• It should be fine. You could make cupcakes and put them in a tupperware container with a lid. Then you could fill ziplock baggies with ice and put them under the tupperware. I don't know if the cake could fit in a plastic container, then you can do the same thing. I once transported potato salad that way and it was nice and cold when we got there..
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• good ;uck! and the cupcake idea is great!
    stacy8606

Answer by stacy8606 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• It should be fine, you can always ask the bakery the best way to transport it, they will let you whether its best to put it in a cool bag or if it should be ok as is.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• if its going to be in the cab id say itll be fine. If its going in the trunk id get a cooler for it. Have fun!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Depends on a lot of factors. What kind of cake is it? How big? What is it covered in? More likely than not, the cake will sweat and cause damage. Good luck though!

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 10:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2011