Potty training...?

My 3 year old has been officially potty-trained for awhile now, but he is still wearing pull-ups at night and during nap time. I'm wanting to cut them out, but everytime he gets up, his pull-up is soaked. Where do I begin eliminating the pull-up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just wait until he wakes up dry for 2 weeks, then take them away. Nothing you do can force his bladder to mature. It's normal.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:11 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• let him grow, but i understand how annoying it is to have to buy pullups! limit liquids about 2 hours before bed- that def., helps
    stacy8606

Answer by stacy8606 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• We limited drinks after 4pm, small amts of fluid when she asked for a drink and with dinner and before bed etc, we also make sure she goes to the potty about an hour before bed time and then again right before bed, it worked for us, she has been out of pull ups at night since just before 3 she is now almost 4 and we have probably had 3 over night accidents. Good Luck!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• mine,just got potty trained 2. I only wore him his pull ups when he is already asleep.I don't want him 2 know that he had pull ups on. it sometimes confused them from they're undies=) so just put it on when he is asleep. Def limit water before going 2 bed.Good luck w/ ya! & oh,make sure u as soon as he got up 2 take his pull ups off.& put his undies back on.& try not 2 make it 2 obvious=)
    inahan

Answer by inahan at 10:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• my 2yo is PT but depending on how much she drinks during the day i have to wake her to potty in the middle of the night. she is dry through naps though.
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 2:21 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• Cut the fluids an hour before bed so it's not totally soaked, but bed wetting is considered normal until age ten (though some kids stop earlier). They don't have the bladder control to stay dry through the night yet. There is also a genetic component to it. Don't make a big deal of it for now. When he starts staying dry through the night on his own, then take them away. You can also try waking him up once a night for a potty run.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 8:14 PM on Jun. 6, 2011