I wish i had a friend ya know someone to..

Run to the mall with, talk about my kids with, someone to rant to about my Hubby lol, someone to call when I need someone to talk to about my depression. I find it hard to make friends. Im not very social at all. My old friend lives 8 hrs away..we fell out of touch. We live two completely different lives. I don't party, drink, smoke. The Hubby has many friends he is totally different from me. He can strike up a conversation about anything .....not me. My husband always tell me to find some friends but what im I suppose to do walk a round with a sign saying, "hey u want to be my friend" he only says this when he's going out with his co workers and is feeling guilty about leaving. I think I need to end it here im starting to make myself sound like a loser...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• lol girl i know how you feel i have no friends at all!!! Every person i met tends to think im weird or get obsessed with me. I am sorry you are feeling this way, i do know it sucks!!!!!!
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I completely understand. Once I got married and had a baby, all my friends seemingly disappeared :(. Im only 23 and none of my 'friends' have families or kids yet. So im all alone as well.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 10:51 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• LOL! Do you know other mothers? Maybe join your local gym and meet other mommies there. Or are your husbands friends married, maybe you can meet his friends wives?
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 10:52 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• LOL,, I know how you feel, I am like your hubby, I can talk to anyone, although when it comes to friends, I really don't have any that I can do the things you list, at 44 and the mother of a 6 year old, my friends have kids either way older or none at all (the party girls) I wish I had an answer, but perhaps as PP said maybe dear hubs has a friend who has a nice wife close to your age with kids about the same,, good luck and hugs!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:55 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Gawl, you sound like me! lol Are you in IL? lol I need a friend! lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 10:58 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I understand the dynamic, because thats how me and my SO are, he is v ery jovial, and I am often in solitude. I just don't prefer people. lol sounds weird. I have friends but all my friends know I am not the one who wants to hang out all of the time, especially because I have a toddler, and they have no children, so im always setting up things for me and my son to do together. But in the same light, I don't crave a buddy at all. I prefer to be alone and not have someone calling me for this or that or to do this or that. Just too busy right now.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Look for free local things to go to. Like here every Wednesday, mommies and kiddos meet at the park to walk as a group. You don't have to strike up a convo, you just add input when you know about the subject. Before long, you will get comfortable enough seeing the same people all the time, and you will make friends that way.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 11:09 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Same issue here pretty much..
    Im ubber shy.. so it makes it hard to make friends..
    If I wasnt so shy/ self-conscience id be in mommy-groups. or join a scrapbooking group, or take up learning some new stuff at the local hobby lobby. .
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• me too. ill be ur freind
    Susannah19

Answer by Susannah19 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• You have us!!!! :)
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:25 PM on Jun. 5, 2011