"christian bashers"

Why are those of us who are not christian ( and don't want to be, thank you very much) question anything about their religion, we are bashing them but they can say whatever they want about our faith?

Eco_Momma

Asked by Eco_Momma at 10:54 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Religious Debate

• – collapse
    Why are those of us who are not christian ( and don't want to be, thank you very much) question anything about their religion
    Why are you questioning anything about their religion?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• it depends on who you're talking to. I can come back and say the same- why is it people who aren't Christian always assume I'm bashing them or shoving religion down their throats when they ask me questions about mine?
    MomNtheRes

Answer by MomNtheRes at 10:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• asking a question about their religion is wrong?
    Eco_Momma

Comment by Eco_Momma (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I identify myself as a Christian and have no problem with anyone else's belief system... so long as it does not support and approve of abuse, neglect, torture or rape. I think it is important to treat each other and each other's views with respect and consideration and there is never a reason to attack someone for what they believe in- especially in a support oriented forum like Cafe-Mom.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:00 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Every individual is different - it sounds like your experience with those of the Christian faith were not respectful of your faith. Please do not judge everybody by the small sampling you have taken.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 11:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• bloomsr : agreed!
    Eco_Momma

Comment by Eco_Momma (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I am a Christian and have no problem with anyone asking questions. I will tell you as much as you want to know. I also like learning about other religions and what they believe.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Gee Anon, maybe people like to learn things about other religions instead of living in a bubble of ignorance.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:05 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• maybe it's what your asking, or how your asking it.
    depending on the person, either of those may get someone offended or upset. combine the two on a bad day, and your going to get drama. secure yourself in your own beliefs and you might not feel the need to question someone else's religion.
    I've never questioned anything about anyone else's belief's and don't plan on it either. Some are secure, and some AREN'T
    Anonymous

• Tortkey , I was raised christian and told that I was evil and the devil was working through me, who says that to a child? I mean come on really? It seems that most christians feel that their way is the only way. I've been told (recently) that I'm wrong in my beliefs and that I'm going to regret not believing in the christian god. I know I shouldn't let the mindless fools that troll CM bother me but it's hard. lol I need to grow thicker skin I guess.
    Eco_Momma

Comment by Eco_Momma (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2011