Feeling "jipped" that I never had a sister...

Growing up my brother and I had a good childhood .... but now that I am older, I feel like things would have been better if I had, had a sister ( or sisters) ... I mean I know this is a silly thing to think about and that it could never change.... but I really feel "jipped" that I never had one..... I know have a son and daughter and we only planned on having 2, but the way I feel now is making me re-think having more children ...

My mom has 5 sisters, and they are all pretty close ( i even see them a few times a week) ... But I have alot of great memories of visiting them and them coming to visit us ( and all of my cousins) ... When we all get together I sit and listen to them talking about the things they have done together, and it is little things like them having memoreis of going to each others houses just during the day, just to visit....

and it makes me sad that I dont have that.

I don't have that many friends because we moved to another town in the middle of high school ( I then got married and started having kids right out of high school) and therefore I only "hung onto" one or 2 friends... but they really are not the type of friends who just drop by or that we go and do things together ...

I had hoped and prayed my brother would marry someone who i could have a sisterly relationship with... but his wife " has so many friends she doesnt know what to do" ... and I have to ask her to do something months in advance ( seriously, I do ) ...

I do not know what kind of advice I am looking for, but I am just incredibly lonely....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• You can have mine
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I have a sister and I love that I have her. Sisters are great, but reality is you won't have a blood sister, what about a SIL, you can begin great memories with her if you have one.

I have no brothers, just one sister, and growing up I always wish I could have a brother, but then when I realized my mom wasn't going tohave any more kids I grew out of wanting one, lol my SO has 3 brothers and he is close to 2 of them, but nthing like how me and my sister are
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:06 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• why not spend more time with your brother?
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:07 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My brother works 3 jobs... ANYONE is lucky if they even get to hear from him once a month
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Sweetheart, you are so not alone! I'm an only child and I used to beg my mom to give me a sibling, I did not care if it were a boy or girl or my biological or adopted sibling either. I just never felt right being alone. I hated it! But from my mothers perspective, unfortunately she had three older siblings from hell and her sister was the worst/cruelest, seriously. So, I do realize that sometimes you don't always get a best friend from a sibling.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• You can have both my sisters....
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:16 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I have two younger brothers and I'm not even close to them. They are 7 and 11 years younger than I am, both still in school and now 1000 miles away.
    The closest thing I had to a sister is m y cousin. We grew up loving AND hating each other, always competing with each other, watching out for each other, all that good stuff. Unfortunately, she's down in FL with the rest of my family. I have no close gfs either and it really is hard missing out on girl time, so I feel ya.
    BUT if you have another baby and it's a girl, I wonder if your son will feel jipped out on having a brother......
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:25 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I have 2 sisters... 1 lives 1200 miles away so we only see each other every few years & we never talk on the phone. my other sister lives 10 minutes away & I only see her maybe once a month & holidays. The only reason i see her is cuz she likes for my dd to spend the night with her on occasion.

Growing up it was nice since 1 was older & would always come get me & take me places. But wasnt that great a rolemodel.
    Anonymous

• my mom has a sister and they hate each other. so sisters aren't always great...
    have you thought about play dates or getting out to the park more to meet other moms and make new friends?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• oh and i hate my future sis in law lol
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:39 PM on Jun. 4, 2011