Being induced

does your doctor let you pick the time or no ? do they ever do it at night ?

em199417

Asked by em199417 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• no u might be able to due the day but not the time unless their a good reson. they had us their at 530am but yet again each hospital an doc are different so not sure what yourll do
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 11:15 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Depends completely on the Dr and the hospital.
    MomNtheRes

Answer by MomNtheRes at 11:17 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I think maybe if you have something planned for that date and you couldnt really change it then they might
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• you can work with them to pick a day, but it has to work for everyone and if they have an emergency or book up then you may have to reschedule
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Nope. I was told what time to be there. One was 7am, one was 9pm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I worked with my OB to find a time that was good for both of us - I had two older children I needed to have taken care of.

Answer by missanc at 8:10 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• It can happen during the day..It is up to the doctor...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I was induced twice. The hospital policy is you call to find out how crowded they are. The 1st time, I called and they had me come in at 11, when the had an open room. The other time, the didn't have any wait, but I wanted to get DD off to school and buy feminine pads (I had been on bed rest for 10 weeks and didn't trust DH to buy the right ones) so I got there around 9:30 am. Overnight, they generally have less nurses on staff so they don't schedule inductions for then.

Every doctor and hospital is different so it's best to ask what the policy is.  BTW, with my 1st induction, it didn't work so they sent me home.  I came back the next day in labor.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I've been induced three times, and for all three, I was given the date and time to be there. Always early in the morning.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 10:51 AM on Jun. 6, 2011