Most ignorant comment I have ever heard adult content

I nearly killed my MIL for this comment.
Today I caught my niece bare naked trying to do doggy style with my daughter. My daughter was fully clothed. A bit of background story my niece was molested a couple years ago. They weren't even alone for a minute so I know nothing happened. From what I gathered from my niece on how she learned that is that she saw her mom and her stepdad doing it. I explain to her she wasn't in trouble and that only mommy's and daddy's can do that. My mother is taking her for counseling Monday because of the molesting and now this thing that happened. Well I explained to my MIL why I was so late (we live with her and I usually do the cooking) she was a bit upset I wasn't there on time to cook dinner. She goes on to say how no matter what my niece will never stop and will grow up to be a molester. I said No I molested and raped and I didn't grow up to be a perv. She goes No I knew this guy BLAH BLAH BLAH. Continues to say who ever is molested or rape will grow up to be pervs. I am so furious I am shaking. I told my husband what was said when he came home from work and he said I should have just left and not came back and he would have understood why I took off. Then he agrees that it was ignorant BUT says she is old and and grew up in different times. SHE'S NOT EVEN 60 !!!!! Being "old" has nothing to do with her thoughts and that freaking comment! I told him I am finding a damn job that pays about $13 and getting the fuck out of her because I will not be told BS like that.

My niece is 5 and my daughter is 3.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Yeah, if I'd have been in your shoes, me and MIL would have had a come to jesus meeting right then and there. And the nicest thing I would have accused her of would be calling YOU a pervert and a molester. You are a bigger woman than I am, cause it would have been a huge fight, how dare she accuse a child of that s***.

I hope your niece gets the help you all are trying to get her. And I think you handled the situation you found at grandma's beautifully, BTW.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 11:33 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• how old are these girls? Not that that matters... but what the f' was grandma doing that your niece had the time to do this? This sounds a little bit too much. I would definately move out asap. good luck to you and your niece, I pray she gets the help she needs to have a happy life and childhood.
    Anonymous

• Yes that is extremely ignorant, and I would have been extremely upset by this also if I were you. I dont think age has anything to do with it either, my Mother is 63 and wouldnt even think to say or even think something like that. I hope your niece gets the help she needs, did she have counciling right after being molested or she isnt having any until now. It also sounds to me like she has witnessed way too much than she should have. I know some children who used to openly see their parents having sex and its exactly what happens they mimick it just like they do anything else, they think its normal behavior, so the brother did it to the sister (as in acting it out not actually doing anything) thinking its what families do, I think its completely inappropriate for a parent to do this,its just not right and I feel for the kids in these situations.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I would so pissed. I too was molested & that's a sick thing to say & very ignorant. I'd be feeling the same friggin' way. Ya didn't mention the age of the girl but I hope she does get some help. Hang in there.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My niece is 5 and my daughter is 3.
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• My niece doesnt live with me, she leaves with my mother and visits her mother every other weekend.
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• Wow your MIL needs some help too.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• sorry Op I see that ya did mention the ages I didn't see it as I was feeling all burned up reading your question : )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• You are right that is ignorance. In reality we are all responsible for the sexual dysfunction in our society. We have created it by shaming the naked body, & shaming sex through media, interactions, laws, & our words to our children & words spoken to us as children.
    Sexual abuse will end when all of us decide to take responsibility for it, all that we told about our bodies & sex is the exact opposite of our human nature.
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 11:34 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• thats sad, and she is raising her too? smh
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:38 PM on Jun. 4, 2011