Pregnancy and Mirena

I got my IUD in at my 6 week pp appointment after the birth of my ds in 2008. For the last few weeks, I have been extremely fatigued (and when I do sleep, it's not well or comfortable), nauseous (but not vomiting), have had to use the restroom every 2-3 hours throughout the day and night, have had breast tenderness, you name it... I've not had a period since the IUD was placed, so I'm unable to go off of that to determine anything. I've taken a HPT and it has reported negative; however, I'm still pretty concerned. This is very abnormal for me, and it really feels like both of my previous pregnancies. Any advice would be great. ***new symptom.... I'm now getting hot flashes. I'm in my early 30s, figured I should be a ways from those yet. Only other time I had them was during pregnancy... ugh ***

mmiller1980

Asked by mmiller1980 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Perhaps the hormones are making you feel like you are pregnant. Maybe it just isn't a good method for you. Have you talked to you doctor?
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 11:53 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• I have not yet. This is the first time this has happened in the almost 3 years that it has been in... I'm curious as to whether or not it would really take that long or if the effectiveness of "5 years" is not accurate or if pregnancy is actually possible... I don't have any sharp pains to indicate a possible ectopic... its really strange.
    mmiller1980

Comment by mmiller1980 (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2011

• That is how Mirena worked for me, and I felt like that the entire 7 months I had it. I finally couldn't take the constant feeling of tiredness (and worrying over being pregnant) anymore, so I had it removed.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 8:52 AM on Jun. 5, 2011

• I'm just concerned because this is the first time this has ever happened in the almost 3 years I've had the IUD in place. Besides the fact that I can no longer feel (or find) my strings, I took a HPT last night and it did show negative, but its still worrisome. I can't go off missed period, as I haven't had one in over 2 years. All I know is that my symptoms are mimicking my last 2 pregnancies. It's scary.
    mmiller1980

Comment by mmiller1980 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Jun. 5, 2011

• ok, so I talked to my doctor's office today.... they are totally stumped now too. Did a blood test, and that was negative. What no one seems to understand os the fact that everything has been fine for (almost) 3 years, no problems, no issues, no side effects, nothing and now all-of-the-sudden, all of these symptoms are showing up... (Exact symptoms as both of my previous pregnancy to the T). I'm not sure I'm totally convinced I'm not pregnant, but I'm not convinced I am either.

Anyone have any ideas now? I'm really confused....
    mmiller1980

Comment by mmiller1980 (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Jun. 6, 2011